Saturday, July 9, 2011

LocknLock Rice Bin

After storing rice in the bag it came in for years, I finally bought them their very own containers :). These containers from LocknLock are perfect and hold 20 pounds of rice. Like any Indian household, I have 2 to 3 varieties of rice. Sona masoori that is our staple, basmati for those fragrant pulaos and biriyanis and idli rice to make adais and idlis. So I bought 3 of those boxes and I have to say that these are huge that I had to rearrange my pantry to fit these.

We don't have to open the box fully to get the rice out. The flip top lid makes it very easy to use the box. It comes with a 8 oz measuring cup. There is a groove in front to pull the box. Now with 20 pounds of rice the box is going to be really heavy, so don't plan on moving it around a lot when it is full.

Every morning I am happy to be using the box rather than digging through the bag to get the rice. Everything looks neat and organized. These boxes can be used to store anything from flour to rice.

At the time of writing it seems to be out of stock, but keep looking as it might come back any time. Also, watch out for the happy hour deals at LocknLock at 11am and 4pm CST where some items are 70% off.

Lock & Lock Storage 50-Cup Storage Bin, Includes Cup


See  how organised my cupboard looks :) Love these beauties.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment